Sunday, February 05, 2006 Suscribe to this blog


Just the 2nd month of the year sanny @ 1:32 AM


The year seems so long...probably because I've started working, and still in probation at that, I feel as if I'm dragging myself through. On the contrary, I actually think the todays seem to fade faster into tomorrows with work, 'cos everytime I come home I'm so lazy I just watch some TV and then head straight to bed. I've not been online at home for quite some time, obviously because my old notebook's still needs repairing. Now I'm bringing the office notebook home so I can surf the net sans the intranet firewall (meaning I can access my personal email accounts).

Actually, I felt bad enough that I use Skype and surf other websites *sometimes* in the office (not that I'm the only one doing it, but it's somewhat stated between the lines of the company culture that office is strictly for work) AND I've been caught doing so by the vice-president of the current department I'm attached in, no less. I guess she closed one eye but secretly she'd already sized me up...I get so scared everytime she walked past me...is this the guilt felt by 'a thief with a conscience' (because thieves with no conscience won't even bother abt the consequences of their actions on others - I say 'thief' as in the 偷偷摸摸 type, those who sneak in stuff and is afraid of getting caught; the nature somewhat resembles what I'm doing, I think, so to speak, even though the only stealing act I can remember is probably that windmill-deco candy from the supermarket back when I was like 5 or 6 - they don't have detectors back then, hohoh...ok this time I'm probably stealing working hours...by the time I start working for real I won't have the free time to even think about slacking I guess, so I figured I better make use of this opportunity?!)? Sigh...I guess this is how the bad rep of lazy Indons come about. Remember, it's not entirely true! I think a little relaxation here and there is essential for overall higher efficiency and productivity in work, if not you'll go robotic ballistic, wouldn't you?

Anyway...enough about that...went to Trina's house for her pre-Birthday party yesterday (her birthday's today! Happy Birthday), we played some cards (after a long hiatus, I re-learnt how to play Bridge and Dai-Di...and Uno and Bluff). I was really lousy at Bluff...Trina only bluffed once throughout that arduous game and somehow I flunked in that game, though in the end I still managed to get rid of a lot of my cards...only the guys, the Suets and I often bluffed so they never trust us. At one point me and the Suets were playing our own catch-and-bluff and the game kept revolving around our tricking and exposing. I shall just be a careful player of Bluff from now on and not bluff so many times, like Trina, who finished her cards first 'cos no one dared expose her.

Next, going to buy presents for Qw and Jw!

PS: Niki claimed she burnt about 700 calories today in the gym and pool. I think I must start exercising to burn away all those festive fat too and be healthier...exercise-a-holic Niki seems bent to attain Tyra Banks-like body.



comments
Blogger sanny said...

She collected her student pass already...your cert...ermmm...and good luck for the exams! and don't forget to call the travel thingy!
7:16 PM  
♥ Put your finger in the pie ♥
Back to main page