Wednesday, January 04, 2006 Suscribe to this blog


New Year sanny @ 5:16 PM


So, 2006 is here, what next? When December first turns January, there's always the anticipation that a pot of gold's waiting at the end of this rainbow (a.k.a. year). And when the whole year ends its run, you realize, well, maybe not this rainbow, but the year's passed on safely enough for you, and you say your thanks.

It's January again. As I've said before, I don't like the early months of the year (except on birthdays and angpow days and the very first day of the year, because that's when, at least imo, everyone genuinely wants to wish for the better), basically because...well I can't explain it; January reminds me of platitudes; February is vapid; as is March; April's a wee bit better, May is neither here nor there...June onwards it gets bearable because at the very least the names of the months sound better (and I always associate it with holidays)...I can't seem to get rid of this bias against months of the year. It's just that, the early months of the year always leave me with a limbo-esque feeling.

Enough with trash talk, now, things to look forward to this coming year:

* My first year working officially and that means I'll pay my first income tax! Wooow! Ok I might sound all excited now but I reckon this won't be the case once the workload sets in.
* World Cup!!!!!! Yayyy!!!! But then again, I remembered that I'd be working; in previous years I watched all these during the school holidays...and too bad I couldn't go Germany to watch it live! Should learn some German! Then can sing Schnappy the Crocodile song (one of the reasons to learn German, which sounds cool-but feedback seems to agree that it's a difficult tongue to learn)! Basically if you want to go Germany it's better to be able to speak German as English is toot-tooted upon I heard.
* It's my 太岁年 apparently so I must be extra careful this year and given my clumsiness, I must be extra extra cautious in everything I do. Even after saying all these, I have an inkling that I will forget about going about doing things gingerly anyway. So I'll just cross my fingers too.
* Err...that's about what I can think of for the moment. Other than that, I hope that this year too, will be a good and joyful year for everyone nice or whom I think is nice.

This is belated but Happy New Year!

N.B.: Char, thanks for the titipan from UK! Love them~

P.S.: Thank you to everyone who put up with me, made my days and made 2005 all right despite everything!